Put an end to uncomfortable rooms and high utility bills with an affordable attic insulation upgrade
Larry Janesky, owner and president of Dr. Energy Saver, explains how the "stack effect" can make an uninsulated attic a huge source of energy loss.
Heat passes all too easily through a poorly insulated attic. In the winter, heated interior air rises naturally by convection and escapes into the attic through numerous air leaks.
Conductive heat loss through the cold ceiling makes rooms directly beneath the attic even colder.
The problem reverses on a hot summer day, as attic temperatures rise to the 140 degree range and heat moves into your living space.
Don’t let a common construction defect make your home uncomfortable and expensive to own.
Do it once, do it right & enjoy the benefits forever
- An attic insulation upgrade can cut your heating & cooling costs by as much as 40%.
- Restore comfort to rooms that get too hot or too cold at different times of the year.
- Make a once-and-done improvement that never wears out or requires maintenance.
- Improve your home’s green value.
Many houses have just 9 in. of attic insulation (about R-19) in regions where the U.S. Dept. of Energy recommends 16 in. (about R-60) of insulation. How did this happen?
For starters, local building codes only stipulate minimum performance standards, which are far below what home energy experts recognize as necessary today.
Insulation was often overlooked in an effort to cut costs or because cheap heating fuel made insulation all but unnecessary.
Regardless of what caused this construction defect, Dr. Energy Saver has the cure: expert sealing of air leaks, followed by expertly installed new attic insulation.
Expert attic services from Dr. Energy Saver
- Free attic insulation & air sealing inspection.
- Free Estimates for all proposed insulation & air sealing upgrades.
- Blower door tests to measure air leakage and pinpoint leak locations.
- Access to the best insulation and air sealing materials.
- Expert installation of attic insulation by our trained technicians.
- Duct sealing and duct insulation for attic ductwork.
- Different attic insulation options, including cellulose, spray foam and the SuperAttic® system.
- Total home energy assessments to identify additional energy-saving opportunities.