Blown insulation is a great way to improve home energy performance without having to remove drywall.
Improve your wall insulation without an invasive process
Attics and basements usually remain accessible after a house is built, so it's not a problem to upgrade the insulation in these areas. The same can't be said for walls, since the insulation spaces between studs are hidden behind drywall and exterior siding. However, insufficient wall insulation can have a huge impact on home comfort and efficiency.
At Dr. Energy Saver, we can help you upgrade your home's insulation with a variety of wall insulation options. If you want to enjoy more comfortable rooms and reduce your heating and cooling bills, contact us today to get started!
How we improve your wall insulation
- Air sealing and weatherstripping: These two upgrades cost far less than insulating walls, but can still make a significant impact on home energy efficiency. No matter what type of insulation you choose, this step should be included.
- Blown fiberglass insulation: We access the wall cavaties in your home by removing the siding on the outside of your home and drilling small holes. Insulation is blown through these holes until the entire wall cavity is filled. The hole is then patched and the siding is re-installed.
- Dense pack cellulose insulation: Dense packed cellulose insulation is ideal for air sealing wall cavities and improving R-value. This is installed in the same manner as blown fiberglass.
- Injection foam insulation: Injection foam is a is pumped into wall cavities, where it hardens into a stable, lightweight foam. Injection foam is resistant to mold growth and provides and a cost effective insulation solution.
- Spray foam for new builds: If your wall cavities are going to be open during a remodel or new build, we can use spray foam insulation to provide complete air sealing and excellent R-value. Spray foam is the most effective insulation available.
The importance of wall insulation
The U.S. Department of Energy states that properly insulated exterior walls in your house will not only increase comfort but also help you save on heating and cooling costs. Dr. Energy Saver can check the wall insulation levels in your wall cavities and recommend the right solutions for your home.
If you're interested in upgrading your home insulation to improve home comfort and efficiency, call us today to learn more. Your local dealer will provide you with a full evaluation and estimate!